The first broadcast in our Americas series will kick off with a presentation from Michael A. Grandner, PhD, MTR , Associate Professor, Psychiatry at the University of Arizona, College of Medicine .
Michael's presentation will be on Sleep and Immune Health: Implications for Wellbeing and Supplements. Sleep and a healthy immune system go hand-in-hand, so how can consumers improve their sleep and, as a result, support their own immune systems? In this webinar we’ll consider the scientific links between sleep and immune function, and then explore which ingredients are best positioned – with scientific substantiation – to deliver a good night’s sleep.
This presentation by Michael will demonstrate:
- Healthy sleep promotes healthy immune functioning, resulting in fewer illnesses and improved recovery from illness
- Healthy sleep supports reduced systemic inflammation, with implications for cardiometabolic and neurocognitive health
Several supplements may be well-positioned to improve sleep health in various ways
Michael's presentation will be followed by a presentation on While You Were Sleeping: A Holistic Approach to Optimize the Immune System by Maike Rahn , Scientific Leader, DSM. Research suggests that the immune system works hardest at night – and that healthy sleep is correlated to healthy overall immune function. With consumers prioritizing their health and wellness more than ever - how can we elevate the role of sleep in immunity and advance a more holistic approach?
This presentation by DSM will demonstrate:
- How nutrients can aid in the restorative role of sleep and assist in optimal immune function
- Emerging, science-backed ingredients that can help boost sleep quality and immune support
- Ways to engage consumers to support immune response and rest for greater resiliency
We will continue the session with a panel discussion and audience Q&A chaired by Danielle Masterson , Senior Correspondent of NutraIngredients-USA .
- Shannon Dolan, FNTP , Nutrition Specialist, Health with Shannon
- Maike Rahn , Scientific Leader, DSM
- Derek Loewy, PhD , Sleep Medicine Specialist, Scripps Health
, Managing Director,
More information to be announced.
May 5 | 11am CT
Immunity & Sleep
Michael A. Grandner, PhD, MTRDirector and Associate Professor
Sleep & Health Research Program; Behavioral Sleep Medicine Clinic and University of Arizona College of Medicine
The Immunity Broadcast Series is FREE to attend but pre-registration is required. Don’t miss out on informative presentations, engaging panels discussions, live interaction and on-demand content, REGISTER to watch the APAC Immunity broadcast event ON-DEMAND.Register to watch on-demand