The third broadcast in our Americas series will begin with a presentation from David Winston, RH (AHG), Founder & President of Herbalist & Alchemist on Adaptogens, Herbs for Strength, Stamina and Stress Relief. In our modern world we live incredibly busy and stress filled lives. Chronic stress and the resultant elevation of stress hormones such as cortisol have been shown to be an initiator and cofactor for much of our chronic degenerative disease and immune dysfunction. In addition to stress reduction techniques, a good diet and adequate sleep, another important method for reducing stress and enhancing well-being is the use of adaptogenic herbs.
In this keynote presentation David will discuss the precise definition of adaptogens, what is and is not an adaptogen, how these herbs work, the unique qualities of each herb and how they can improve our mental and physical well-being.
- In traditional medicine many herbs are used as restorative tonics, but that does not mean they fit the definition of an adaptogen
- Since the original definition of adaptogen was proposed in 1969, research has revealed the underlying mechanisms of how these herbs work and what is and is not an adaptogen
- Adaptogens are not a one-size fits all category of herbs, they have different qualities that may make one more appropriate for a specific person than another
- Adaptogen help to promote and re-regulate healthy endocrine, immune, nervous system, cardiac and reproductive function
David's presentation will be followed by a presentation on Adaptogens and Ashwagandha for Immune Health by Chris Kilham, Author & Educator, Medicine Hunter. The adaptogens are a unique class of botanicals that help us to resist stress in body and mind. Today more than ever adaptogens are in great demand due to the great stress that people are experiencing in these challenging times. The adaptogens in general, and ashwagandha especially, help to mitigate stress and boost immune function, helping to protect the body against pathogens and various immune challenges.
Find out how the adaptogens and ashwagandha offer powerful immune defense.
- Learn about a few of the top adaptogens popular today
- Learn how botanicals can defend us and bolster the immune system
- Learn how ashwagandha root activates numerous immune functions
We will continue the session with a panel discussion and audience Q&A chaired by Stephen Daniells, Editor-in-Chief of NutraIngredients-USA.
- Chris Kilham, Author & Educator, Medicine Hunter
- Mark Miller, PhD, MBA, FACN, CNS, President, Kaiviti Consulting
- Dr. Guru Ramanathan, Managing Director and Board Member, Dutch Medical Food
More information to be announced.
May 19 | 11am CT
Botanicals for Immunity: The Adaptogen Opportunity
The Immunity Broadcast Series is FREE to attend but pre-registration is required. Don’t miss out on informative presentations, engaging panels discussions, live interaction and on-demand content, REGISTER today.Register